3/23/11

#feelinoldandlovinit

As of three minutes ago, I turned 35.
Wait ... checking my math ... yep, 35.

I know a lot of people that cringe every year when their birthday rolls around and even more that play that cute "turned 29 again today" game with their age.

I am here to tell you that I love being 35!

No, it is not because I have achieved some landmark age.
It is not that I still have over half of my life left.(assuming I am "average")
It's not that my insurance goes down this year, either. (which it doesn't)
It's not that I celebrated my birthday on Sunday watching 80's synth-pop band, OMD, in concert. (although, that show stinkin' rocked!)

Why, then, you ask am I lovin' being 35?

This year, 2011, I have officially been with my wonderful wife, Shannon, for over half of my life! That's right. 18 years with ... 17 without.

We met in '93 and married in '96.
We have never broken up. Never had a trial separation. Never agreed to see other people. Never took a Ross & Rachel style "break".
We have been TOGETHER for over half of my life!

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Birthday to me, and I love you, Shannon. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment